What seems to have been the longest wait of all time, Sprint has finally given the green light to Ice Cream Sandwich for their Samsung Nexus S 4G. Interestingly enough, it is only Android 4.0 and not one of the latest versions available. This may frustrate some users, but now that ICS has made its way, we have a feeling updates from here on out should be a bit more timely.
Nexus S Software Update – IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder
- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- Android Beam allows two NRC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more